Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's cool in the UP


Hi there!

Greetings from the Northwoods. I must tell you a secret. While all the "locals" are complaining about the cold summer this year up here, I am secretly saying "YES!" as I put on a sweater. Our sweaters and coats and blankets never wear out in Arizona. Our umbrellas stay put in closets or under car seats and get old without being used. But not here. I am enjoying this refreshing break even as my hands are cold as I type this. Once again I must redundantly say that it is so beautiful here. IT is such a joy to breathe this air and see all the animals, clouds, blue skies. I haven't been on the computer much and I also deactivated facebook as well as MySpace but I will be continuing the blog.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer. Mom is fine. Getting some therapy now. We have a home health care team giving us a few weeks of support. She continues the UTI battles but we are hoping for victory. Chris is with us most of the time . We are all on Weight Watchers. I am back on the plan officially (4th week-13 pounds gone) and Mom and Chris are tracking at home.

We are waiting for Bob to come up. He has been delayed because of a very sore back (not willing to drive for three-four days). He is feeling much better and should be heading here soon. We had a fun week with my niece and her cousin-in-law. We hope to see my cousin and family sometime in August. I am going to camp Gitchee Gumee this year again. It is a wonderful woman's bible camp weekend retreat in September.

Love to you all!

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth, it is Helen. I can't log on because my password is a secret to me because of Madalynn's blog switch. Anyway... congrats on the weight watchers success! It the program the same? I miss you and I'm glad you updated so I can see what you are up to.

 
At September 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruth
Did you leave facebook? I looked for you because I wanted to tell you that I love your senator from Michigan and how he spoke today! He is on youtube!

 
At September 1, 2009 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS
This is Helen and it was Congressman Mike Rogers.

 
At September 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Hi Helen! the program is a bit different but it is so nice compared to the one I used in the past. I'm up to 20 lbs. lost now!
Hope all is well with you.
Love to you
R

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home