Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sipping coffee with a mouse (dead)

Saturday morning in the wee hours I opened my computer to get warmed up while the coffee was brewing and noticed a little black tell tale piece of "dirt" on the desktop that warned me of a fuzzy visitor. I had the instant 'eww' response, the kleenex, the "man, I don't like to think of winter visitors un-invited".  I just cleaned house Friday too...and I don't like to think of little fuzzy creatures using my desk as a facility!  I then forgot about it and began my little routine of sorting through e-mails.  Then I felt something run across my foot!  Instantly in a very womanish, over dramatic way, I would not put my feet back down on the carpet.  Instead of fleeing the room in terror I just pulled the other nearby chair up closer to me and put my feet on that so that I could continue my morning!  Visitor or not!  They don't totally creep me out but hey, I don't want them running on my feet or pooping anywhere!  This is one joy of living in the woods and we occasionally set out the non-poisonous traps to get them. 

I reminded my sister to tell Bob about it when he got up since I had to leave early.  When I came home last night I noticed the trap was set!  I also noticed a fuzzy blur went by under the desk. 

Well to finish this lengthy mouse tale.  I am now cozily sipping coffee doing my morning thing and I notice the little fuzz ball is silent in the trap.  It feels a bit weird just going about my business while he lies dead in the trap under the desk but you don't think I'm going to pick that thing up and try to figure out where to dispose of him, do you??  God made husbands just for that purpose and I know if I didn't have one I would get up the guts to do it later when dressed and ready to fling it outside....or perhaps I would call on someone else's husband!

3 Comments:

At February 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so brave. If that thing ran over my foot I would have ran out of the house and not come back until it was gone.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Kathy said...

Ah yes, Fun with Mice. You showed much bravery and indifference, a good Yooper trait. After all, our morning routines are much more important than fussing about those wild creatures! But I am amazed that you have a husband who disposes of your trapped mice. Really? That is MY job in our household; sigh. Always has been. Probably should have started this right long ago...

 
At April 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mackie huh? That is silly.

Madalynn has a hard time because NOBODY spells her name like that(the closest anyone gets is Madelynn). Blame my mom for that one.

At least my mom spelled my name the right way in the first place :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home