Saturday, October 8, 2011

A beautiful day

It was a gloriously beautiful fall day in the UP today. I spent it on the road with a friend travelling to Marquette for shopping, talking and stopping for lunch. This time of year never ceases to amaze me with its beauty. What a wonderful reminder of change and the necessity for all things to grow, then to age, then to die and to live once again. Its amazing how nature reflects the very character and wisdom of God. He told us that we cannot see the majesty of nature and deny HIM.
I feel a certain sadness too, knowing this beauty will end and the trees will be bare and the contents of the woods will expose their skeletons in the "closet" and the cold winds will replace the warm. But there are days of beauty yet...the awesome first snow, cleansing, purifying, and covering up the cold hard ground.
Yes life is to be appreciated in all its seasons, its comforts and discomforts, "to everything there is a time and a purpose under heaven....".

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 9, 2011 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh so beautiful! Autumn is the most wonderful time of the year.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Christine H. said...

I loved this! You are a good writer...always have been. You should see my recent post on my blog, also about Fall. I love this time of year! We are flying my dad in for Christimas, the 19th of Dec. We are very excited!

 
At October 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM , Blogger JoAnn said...

I love these pictures of Fall colors. It gives me a peaceful feeling to look at these pictures. Thank you for sharing. xoxo

 
At October 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Blogger JoAnn said...

Looking at these beautiful pictures makes me feel at peace. They are breathtakingly beautiful! Thank you for sharing. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home