Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Scary storm

I am in the library today, doing "bookwork" and looking at e-mail and blogs. It takes so long just to sort through the stuff you don't want! So I started at the blogs today and am happy to see another sister has fallen victim to the blog fever. ;-) DixieDe's link is now in force on the right. Welcome Dix.

We had a storm last night. It wasn't the worst I have experienced here in the past but my bedroom is facing the front of the house and the wind was blowing so hard against it that I had to close my windows and just listen to it pound! It made me feel vulnerable and I couldn't help but just snuggle deeper in the comforter praying for all those who have had REAL scary storms this spring/summer. I can't imagine all the emotions they have had. Those who have no insurance, ruined homes etc...I only got a tiny glimpse of the panic that might be felt. It passed quickly enough and then I heard a big bang. One of mom's pictures had fallen from the wall and knocked down a plant that Chris had by the window. My nerves were shot this morning! Ha. Chris slept through it all. Mom didn't. Also...just being in a place where we hardly ever have rain (Phoenix, "rain? what is rain?")..it is like a readjustment to that kind of phenom. I love it but sometimes it feels scary! I guess the world just feels a bit scary these days.

"What a friend we have in Jesus..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home