Saturday, September 6, 2008

September Morn

It is September in the UP and the coolness of fall is starting! We've had some steady rain which the dry ground is soaking up.

Mom spent the Labor Day weekend in the hospital. (Sat. till Wed.) The little local hospital took good care of her. Their census was low and so she got plenty of attention. She had a fever after having battled a UTI and was on her third antibiotic. So it was important to check it out. They gave her more antibiotics by IV and hydrated her. Its still a bit of a puzzle but we will keep watch.


It was the hottest weekend we have had (mid 90's) and the day she was discharged the weather cooled dramatically. This was a blessing because she would have been more miserable at home. She is stronger and better but still has a lot of pain and discomfort which are chronic conditions for her. I am so grateful to Chris who is my co-worker in this effort to keep mom well. I am at my brother in law's today getting to use their computer and also watch as they go through the difficult task of trying to go through old things and decide what to keep and what to throw. I have a reputation for wanting to get rid of clutter for people so they are being a bit wary of my advice. ;-)


I will be going on a retreat next week at Gitchee Gumme Bible Camp. I am going by myself and will see how it goes! I hope to show new pics then!

3 Comments:

At September 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Docface said...

Wow! How did I miss all of those new beautiful posts? I still owe you a letter. I may have to give it to you in person when you get home to the real Phoenix.:)

 
At September 9, 2008 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Maryklepac said...

Too bad I can't sneak up and go to camp with you. I hope you are really met by the Lord. I did learn the last couple of days from the media that it's good to have faith just don't let it influence how you live your life!! love ya

 
At September 11, 2008 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

Incredible.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home